05 June 2010

A Century Old

Of course by century, I mean 100 posts, but you get the gist.

Two posts ago was my 100th post, which actually came at a much slower rate then I would have thought. Then again, I haven't been able to keep a passion for writing in me.

I feel like it has just been a ton of things that have been keeping me back. Stress from my upcoming deployment, stress from my wife not being back in the states yet, stress from the Astros terrible season so far and my overall lack of motivation to write, though I always have something going through my head.

I changed the way the blog looked. That didn't help. I recently came into a little bit of money to help feed my collecting. Hasn't helped much (but maybe the mail days I have will).

Hell, I didn't even notice my 100th post until BA Benny's Baseball Card Buffet had his 100th post contest (which, by the way, happened at a much quicker rate than mine did) and posted a little link to it, which happened to be my 101st post. And then, not even that encouraged me to post.

Maybe it's the fact it has been tough for me to put my words into action since, well, since I drank my way through two semesters of college? I was a brilliant (well, I thought I was brilliant) writer all throughout high school and even in my two semesters of college, but then I stopped writing. With no assignments (and no blog at the time) I had no reason to write. I spent all of my free time (IE: time not working) wooing girls, playing video games, drinking, experimenting with plants (it was short lived, but still, it happened), playing sports and hanging out with friends. Not to mention, my collecting habits stalled because A) less funds available (it's a lot tougher blowing money when you are no longer living with your parents) and B) busy having a social life, with not much room on the side.

So now, it seems the only time I feel like writing (when I am not tweeting randomness) is when I drink. Since I drink a lot less often then I used to, I blog less often than I used to. Which sucks, because I need a way to get whatever pops into my head out of there.

Ok, enough with the ranting randomness.

I've hit two round numbers recently: 100 posts (which you know) and 40 followers (which you may not know). Yay me, I supposed. More importantly, I am closing in on two big collecting goals for this year: my total number of cards in each of my primary personal collections, Javier Vazquez and Richard Hidalgo. Thanks to Check Out My Cards, Sportlots and a rash of cards on eBay, both of my goals (400 total Hidalgo cards and 300 total Vazquez cards) are within reach and may be surpassed by July 31st.

Which leads me to my next point: I haven't shared much of my recent maildays, but I am scanning more often, so I hope to show them soon. I have new autographs, low numbered parallels, a 1/1 or two (or three, maybe), a little prospecting (which I will talk about soon) and even random rookies and a nice hall of fame autograph or two.

Since I sold off all of my game used and autos from my non-p/c, I have decided everything I buy will either be PC or prospecting, so I haven't strayed from that. Add in that I came into a decent sum of money for collecting purposes only and you have a recipe for success.

Uh, if you have made it this far, thanks for letting me rant and ramble. I try not to do it often on the blog, but it seems to be happening more often than not lately. For your dedication to this post, I leave you with my latest eBay win that brought a super big smile to my face:

4 comments:

  1. No problem dude, blogging is damn tough sometimes. Sometimes I wish I wrote less often, because I feel like I sometimes write total crap when I write every single day, whereas maybe it'd be better if I focused on like one post a week. I'm also a drinking blogger...it's a great time to scan and write! But as someone who is also drinking less lately, I've been scanning a lot less!

    Anyways, congrats on 100 man...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lot easier to write after a little social lubricant. Congrats on the 100 post mark, and there had damn well be plenty more to follow.

    What plant? Hope it wasn't poison ivy. That would suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice milestone. Congrats. Remember, there's no pressure from the card blogging community to force you to post. Better to come at it with a clear head and present quality work than to demand more of yourself than you can give and put out crud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mooss - I enjoy that you write as often that you do. I tend to be jealous, as it seems you always have a thought to get out and you are not afraid to put them out there.

    beardy - There will be plenty more to follow. And, uh, it was a green, leafy, seedy plant, that, uh, gave off this weird smelling smoke.....

    Mark - Thanks. I do appreciate that the CBC will always be there, even if there is a lull in your posting. I do agree I would rather post something worthwhile then putting out random, processed crap.

    ReplyDelete