01 September 2009

From last to......Fifth

So, over the last 7 weeks of the fantasy baseball season I clawed my way up from 11th of 12 into 5th place and one of the 6 playoff spots.

I was probably more lucky then anyone, was I had 4 winning weeks and 3 weeks where I was tied. A streak like that RARELY happens in competitive leagues, as I feel my dynasty league is very competitive. I finished last season 1st in the standings and 2nd overall (in the championship two weeks my team went cold while my opponents team went outrageously HOT).

Anyways, if anyone cares, here is my line up for playoffs. Derek Holland has ALREADY hurt me for this week, so I hope the rest of my guys can resuscitate my pitching stats:

C-Matt Wieters
1B- Lance Berkman
2B- Dustin Pedroia
3B- Clint Barmes
SS- Erick Aybar
CI- David Ortiz
MI- Jose Lopez
LF- Josh Willingham
CF- Angel Pagan
RF- Matt Diaz
OF- Vlad Guerrero
UTIL- Jason Bay
UTIL- Shin Soo Choo
Bench- Orlando Cabrera, JJ Hardy, Eugenio Velez
DL- David Wright, Nate McLouth

SP- Rich Harden
SP- John Lackey
SP- Zack Greinke
SP- Joel Pineiro
RP- Bobby Jenks
RP- Andrew Bailey
RP- Mark Lowe
P- Jose Valverde
P- Trever Miller
P- Peter Moylan
Bench- AJ Burnett, Clayton Richard, Derek Holland
DL- Erik Bedard

Throughout the season I was easily the most active trader, pulling off about 80% of the leagues trades, plus being extremely active on the waiver wire. Add in my deep farm team (which I was able to pull quite a few guys off of and then trade) and I was able to make my run to the playoffs.

Hopefully I don't fall on my face like I did last year.

I will keep everyone updated on my journey through the playoffs. I will also be listing my top 100 keepers for next year sometime by the end of the week, so keep that in mind.

As always, questions, comments, concerns, rambles, email me: anicolausk@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment